At Paddle-N-More we offer reservations for group lessons or special event instruction. If you want to make lesson reservations for a large group, Paddle-N-More will make special arrangements for groups of 5 or more students only. Reservations are required for all group lessons and special events by calling our office at (607) 288-3470. We suggest calling at least one to two weeks in advance especially during July and August. We require a full payment by credit card at the time the group event/lesson is made. We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express and Discover. Paddle-N-More reserves the right to refuse reservations.
What you need to know for rentals/lessons/special event instruction:
All participants must read and sign a Release of Liability and Rental Agreement prior to participating in any of our programs at Paddle-N-More. I will email you an electronic copy of the Liability and Rental Agreement for event participants to read and sign prior to coming to Myers.
Foot wear: We strongly urge all participants to wear foot protection for all of the activities that we offer. Cayuga Lake is very rocky and you never know what is going to be on the bottom. You may need or will decide to get off or out of your vessel. So it is best to have something on your feet so you don’t cut yourself on glass, or a sharp rock, or a submerged branch, etc. Flip-flops are better than nothing, but water shoes, teva-type sandals, or old sneakers are the best options.
Other good items to bring:
- comfortable clothing that you can get wet
- sunglasses (polarized are best so that you can see in the water)
- clothing layers appropriate for the temperature
- sun hat
- drinking water (at PnM, we prefer reusable water bottles, such as Nalgene or Kleen Kanteen – we have reusable water bottles on site, if you need one!)
- dry bag for valuables (we also rent them for $2 each)
- did we mention – FOOT PROTECTION!
To ensure the best experience possible, Paddle-N-More limits the number of participants per group lesson/special event. For this reason, it is necessary for us to incorporate the following cancellation policy:
- Groups of 5 to 9 individuals must cancel at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled group lesson/special event to receive a full refund.
- Groups of 10 or more must cancel at least one week prior to the scheduled group lesson/special event instruction. In the event that you do not cancel within these time periods, you will not receive a refund.
- Cancellation due to weather: Paddle-N-More reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any group lessons/special event instruction at any time if we feel that the weather or conditions present an unsafe situation. Of course any group lessons/special event instruction cancelled due to weather would result in a refund to all participants. We do not cancel group lessons/special event instruction in the event of light rain or drizzle. If there is any thunder or lightening we will cancel.
At Paddle-N-More, we are highly knowledgeable and well trained about the wind, weather, and waves on and around Cayuga Lake. We consider the safety of all participants a high priority.