Watersports Counselor-in-Training (CIT) Program
The Application Deadline has past. We are no longer accepting applications for CITs!
Being a CIT is an excellent way to have fun and gain real-world experience!
Paddle-N-More’s Watersports Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Program will offer opportunities to campers ages 13 and up to get a head start with learning skills that will serve them as they enter the workforce. Participants in this program not only gain technical skills in a variation of watersports, participants will also learn about responsibility, teamwork, leadership and the satisfaction that accompanies helping younger campers learn the skills.
The CIT Training prepares NEW CITs for the responsibilities and expectations of being a CIT. They will learn the CIT code of conduct, and what it means to be part of a hard-working and dynamic team while at camp.
To become a CIT with Paddle-N-More’s Watersports Camps all participants must:
- Be at least 13 years of age as of June 1, 2017
- Have attended at least one week of Paddle-N-More’s camps as a camper through Wind-N-Waves or participated in other watersports camps.
- Applied to the CIT Program
- Attend Paddle-N-More’s Watersports Camp Open House scheduled for Saturday, June 10th from 10 am to 4 pm out of our Myer’s Park location
- Attend ONE of the scheduled CIT orientations listed below:
- Saturday, June 3rd from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Saturday, June 17th from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Things to know about being a CIT through Paddle-N-More’s Watersports Camp:
- CITs are still considered campers. They are campers with experience who assist and teach younger/newer campers in Paddle-N-More’s Wind-N-Waves Camp.
- Group size may be slightly larger than other camp groups.
- The program is designed to develop the basics of leadership, professionalism, presentation, and support.
- CITs are to continually take a learning role and assist lead counselors with development of daily activities.
- CITs must attend the CIT Development Camp scheduled for June 26-30th.
- The CIT position at Paddle-N-More is not a paid position.
- CITs are expected to continue a learning path throughout their time assisting with camps.
- CIT’s are expected to be a role model and assist with teaching techniques to younger/newer campers.
- Develop an appreciation for the importance of being a role model.
- CITs attend Wind-N-Waves at a 50% discount.
- CITs can register for Advanced Watersports Camps at a discounted price, but are not considered CITs as these camps require more advanced technique and teaching skills.
- To take advantage of registering for Advanced Watersports Camps at the discounted price, CITs must apply, register, and pay for the CIT program and MUST commit to registering for at least two weeks of Wind-N-Waves.
- CIT discounts to the Advanced Camps are as follows:
- 15% off of 2 advanced camps
- 20% off of 3 advanced camps
- 25% off of 4 or more advanced camps
Top reasons to be a CIT through Paddle-N-More’s Watersports Camp!
- Provided opportunities to take your watersports skills to an all new level by working alongside highly trained watersports instructors
- Discover new strengths and gain teaching skills
- Experience working with different age groups
- Become a better leader
- Practice group management skills
- Enjoy being a role model and working with younger campers
- Get discounts off all our camp programs
- Obtain a CPR Certification
- Spend a day working on leadership skills with TEAM Adventure
- Start on the path toward becoming a high school employee and/or senior staff member at Paddle-N-More