Counselor-in-Training (CIT) Program
Being a CIT is an excellent way to have fun and gain real-world experience!
Paddle-N-More’s Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Program will offer opportunities to campers ages 14 and up to get a head start with learning skills that will serve them as they enter the workforce. Participants in this program not only gain technical skills in a variation of watersports, participants will also learn about responsibility, teamwork, leadership and the satisfaction that accompanies helping younger campers learn the skills.
Cost: $395 – Early Bird Special till March 30th – $355 –
CIT Training: June 25-29
Location: Myers Park, Lansing, NY
Registration: CIT Application
This week of training prepares our CITs for the responsibilities and expectations of being a junior counselor through Paddle-N-More’s Camps. They will learn the CIT code of conduct and all that it means to be part of a hard-working and dynamic team while at camp.
To become a CIT with Paddle-N-More’s Camps all participants must:
- Be at least 14 years of age as of June 1, 2018 and entering the 9th grade
- Have attended at least one week of Paddle-N-More’s watersports camps as a camper or have similar experience in watersports participation, such as kayaking, standup paddleboarding, windsurfing, and/or sailing
- Applied to the CIT Program
- Attend the CIT orientation scheduled for Saturday, June 9th from 1:00 to 4:00 pm
Top reasons to be a CIT Paddle-N-More’s Camps!
- Participants have the opportunity to take their watersports skills to the next level by working alongside highly trained instructors
- Discover new strengths and gain teaching skills
- Experience working with different age groups
- Become a better leader
- Practice group management skills
- Enjoy being a role model and working with younger campers
- Get discounts off all our camp programs
- Spend a day on a high ropes challenge course with Team Adventure
- Obtain a Red Cross First Aid/CPR Certification
- Start on the path toward becoming a future leader and camp counselor at Paddle-N-More
- Help plan camp shenanigans!
- Have lots of fun!
Things to know about being a CIT:
- CITs are still considered campers. They are campers with experience who assist and teach younger/newer campers in Paddle-N-More’s Wind-N-Waves Camp.
- Group size may be slightly larger than other camp groups.
- The program is designed to develop the basics of leadership, professionalism, presentation, and support.
- CITs are to continually take a learning role and assist lead counselors with development of daily activities.
- CITs must attend the CIT Development Camp scheduled for June 25-29th.
- The CIT position at Paddle-N-More is not a paid position.
- CITs are expected to continue a learning path throughout their time assisting with camps.
- CIT’s are expected to be a role model and assist with teaching techniques to younger/newer campers.
- Develop an appreciation for the importance of being a role model.
- CITs attend Wind-N-Waves at a 40% discount.
- CITs can register for Paddle-N-More’s Advanced Watersports Camps at a discounted price, but are not considered CITs as these camps require more advanced technique and teaching skills.
- To take advantage of registering for Advanced Watersports Camps at the discounted price, CITs must apply, register, and pay for the CIT program and MUST commit to registering for at least two weeks of Wind-N-Waves.
- CIT discounts to the Advanced Camps are as follows:
- 5% off 1 advanced camps
- 10% off 2 advanced camps
- 15% off 3 or more advanced camps