Watersports Counselor-in-Training (CIT) Program
The Application Deadline has past. We are no longer accepting applications for CITs!
Being a CIT is an excellent way to have fun and gain real-world experience!
Paddle-N-More’s Watersports Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Program will offer opportunities to campers ages 13 and up to get a head start with learning skills that will serve them as they enter the workforce. Participants in this program not only gain technical skills in a variation of watersports, participants will also learn about responsibility, teamwork, leadership and the satisfaction that accompanies helping younger campers learn the skills.Cost: $325
CIT Training: June 25-29
Location: Myers Park, Lansing, NY
Registration: Read the details below before applying
This weekly training prepares our CITs for the responsibilities and expectations of being a junior counselor through Paddle-N-More’s Watersports Camps. They will learn the CIT code of conduct, and what it means to be part of a hard-working and dynamic team while at camp.
To become a CIT with Paddle-N-More’s Watersports Camps all participants must:
- Be at least 15 years of age as of June 1, 2018
- Have attended at least one week of Paddle-N-More’s watersports camps as a camper
- Applied to the CIT Program
- Attend ONE of the scheduled CIT orientations listed below:
- Saturday, June 9th from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Saturday, June 16th from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Things to know about being a CIT through Paddle-N-More’s Watersports Camp:
- CITs are still considered campers. They are campers with experience who assist and teach younger/newer campers in Paddle-N-More’s Wind-N-Waves Camp.
- Group size may be slightly larger than other camp groups.
- The program is designed to develop the basics of leadership, professionalism, presentation, and support.
- CITs are to continually take a learning role and assist lead counselors with development of daily activities.
- CITs must attend the CIT Development Camp scheduled for June 26-30th.
- The CIT position at Paddle-N-More is not a paid position.
- CITs are expected to continue a learning path throughout their time assisting with camps.
- CIT’s are expected to be a role model and assist with teaching techniques to younger/newer campers.
- Develop an appreciation for the importance of being a role model.
- CITs attend Wind-N-Waves at a 40% discount.
- CITs can register for Advanced Watersports Camps at a discounted price, but are not considered CITs as these camps require more advanced technique and teaching skills.
- To take advantage of registering for Advanced Watersports Camps at the discounted price, CITs must apply, register, and pay for the CIT program and MUST commit to registering for at least two weeks of Wind-N-Waves.
- CIT discounts to the Advanced Camps are as follows:
- 5% off of 2 advanced camps
- 10% off of 3 or more advanced camps
Top reasons to be a CIT through Paddle-N-More’s Watersports Camp!
- Provided opportunities to take your watersports skills to an all new level by working alongside highly trained watersports instructors
- Discover new strengths and gain teaching skills
- Experience working with different age groups
- Become a better leader
- Practice group management skills
- Enjoy being a role model and working with younger campers
- Get discounts off all our camp programs
- Obtain a Red Cross First Aid/CPR Certification
- Start on the path toward becoming a high school employee and/or senior staff member at Paddle-N-More